The project aims at improving preparedness of societies to cope with complex crisis situations by means of providing integrated tools to support efficient response planning and the building of realistic multidisciplinary scenarios.
The project will design and develop a system for improving response planning strategies and scenario building (TRL 7 or 8) and facilitating organizational coordination among many actors, integrating a wide range of support tools to be used operationally by a large variety of stakeholders (firefighting units, medical emergency services, police departments, civil protection units, command and control centres). The devised system shall integrate existing and newly developed tools to enhance the cooperation between autonomous systems (satellite-, sea-, land- and air-based) from different agencies as well as to consolidate the methodology for cross-border scenario-building.
The project shall investigate the currently existing tools and methodologies with the involvement of local authorities and end users and provide mechanisms to enhance cooperation among all involved actors.
The main domains to be taken into account are:
• The EU Civil Protection Mechanism (natural and man-made disasters, including events affecting critical infrastructure)
• IPCC recommendations in relation to extreme climatic events
• The Sendai Framework
The project shall develop on the basis of realistic scenarios in specific geographical areas with the close involvement of local authorities. Since the expected TRL is 7 or 8, the prototype shall be demonstrated by the end of the project in a realistic environment.
Although the project will develop a flexible system which should be adaptable to integrate multiple hazard-specific tools, the main scenarios considered for the time being are: forest fire, flood, flash floods and landslides.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringsatellite technology
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbotany
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringroboticsautonomous robotsdrones
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata exchange
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
G72 7NA Cambuslang