Urban GreenUP aims at obtaining a tailored methodology (1) to support the co-development of Renaturing Urban Plans focused on climate change mitigation and adaptation and efficient water management, and (2) to assist in the implementation of NBS in an effective way. NBS classification and parametrization will be addressed and some resources to support decision making will be established as part of the project activities.
A large scale and fully replicable demonstration action of NBS accompanied by innovative business models will provide evidences about the benefits of NBS contributing to the creation of new market opportunities for European companies, and fostering citizen insight and awareness about environmental problems.
Three European cities will assume the demos as front-runners (Valladolid, Liverpool and Izmir), other set of two European cities will act as followers to strengthen the replication potential of the results (Ludwigsburg and Mantova) and finally three non-European cities (Medellín, Chengdu and Quy Nhon) will allow to identify the market opportunities for European companies out of Europe and fostering the European leadership in NBS implementation at global level.
URBAN GreenUp also aims to: fostering the creation of a global market and EU international cooperation; deploy a wide Exploitation and Market deployment procedure for NBS solutions & deploy an Impact-based Communication and Dissemination strategy.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesatmospheric sciencesclimatologyclimatic changes
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringnatural resources managementwater management
- agricultural sciencesagriculture, forestry, and fisheriesagriculturehorticulturearboriculture
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
- H2020-EU.22.214.171.124. - Further our understanding of biodiversity and the functioning of ecosystems, their interactions with social systems and their role in sustaining the economy and human well-being
- H2020-EU.126.96.36.199. - Provide knowledge and tools for effective decision making and public engagement
- H2020-EU.3.5. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Climate action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials
- H2020-EU.188.8.131.52. - Assess impacts, vulnerabilities and develop innovative cost-effective adaptation and risk prevention and management measures
- H2020-EU.184.108.40.206. - Support mitigation policies, including studies that focus on impact from other sectoral policies
- H2020-EU.220.127.116.11. - Developing integrated approaches to address water-related challenges and the transition to sustainable management and use of water resources and services
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
L2 2DH Liverpool
34718 Kadikoy Istanbul
34782 Cekmekoy Istanbul
28760 Tres Cantos
Ho Chi Minh City