SMEs cooperating with international partners in the enlarged Europe, need holistic Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI) solutions in order to operate their e-business effectively. At the same time they are facing intercultural barriers, since current integration efforts are more focused on 'data' rather than on 'processes'.
FUSION aims to promote efficient business collaboration within enterprises (incl. SMEs) by developing technologies for the semantic fusion of heterogeneous businesses applications. Intercultural and regulatory aspects of the enlarged Europe countries are considered instrumental in the FUSION solution.
FUSION will have a three-fold focus:
- FUSION aims at the development of an innovative approach, methodology and integration mechanism for the semantic integration of a heterogeneous set of business applications (ERP, CRM and other enterprise applications), platforms and languages within SMEs.
- FUSION aims at the integration of research activities carried out in the Enlarged Europe in the areas of Business Process Management, Semantic Web and Web Services
- FUSION aims at the validation of research results by developing proof-of-concept pilots in collaborative commerce growth across semantically-enriched value networks across the Enlarged Europe.
In particular, FUSION will facilitate three trans-national use cases.
Expected results include:
- The FUSION approach for Semantic Service-oriented Business Application integration covering collaborative business processes.
- The FUSION Methodology for Semantic Service-oriented Business Application Integration that will facilitate the integration of business software applications.
- The FUSION integration mechanism will simplify the interconnection of heterogeneous information systems.
Led by SAP AG, the consortium consists of 14 partners from five European countries (Germany, , including Research Institutes, Technology Developers, Innovation Transfer bodies as well as end users.
Fields of science
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
30 114 Krakow
14234 N. Ionia