Final Report Summary - HTDDSFMT (HIGH THROUGHPUT DRUG DISCOVERY STUDIES<br/>FOR MENINGIOMA THERAPEUTICS)
In the last four years getting support from the CIG grant and other sources, we have got several significant achievements in the current and as well as the other projects that are running in our research unit.
This can be summarized as follows:
1. Molecular Neuro-Oncology Research Unit:
As mentioned in the first period reporting that we have established the Molecular Neuro-Oncology Research Unit within the Department of Pediatrics in Medical University of Vienna.
The unit is currently having several national and international research activities with highly prestigious research institutions from Harvard Medical School (USA), the Amsterdam Cancer Center (the Netherlands), to Hacettepe University (Turkey). Based on these collaborations, several research activities have been initiated and in part, completed. Please see publication list.
2. Academic Career and Teaching Activities
I am currently serving as “Director” of the research unit, and became a Tenured Associate Professor in May 2015 at the Medical University of Vienna. Two PhD students and 2 MD diploma students have been graduated under my supervision. We have currently two postdocs and 2 PhD and 4 diploma students. I am also involved in teaching activities at the university. So far, I organized five lectures (Journal Clubs and Thesis seminar) during grant period.
3. Professional Memberships: I also become an Associate member of the “American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy” and International Society for Extracellular Vesicles (ISEV). I have been also served as Chair, and/or a speaker in some of the meeting organized by these societies.
4. Current Grants (Direct costs):
2011-2015 EU-FP7-PEOPLE-2011-CIG, Austria Okay Saydam (PI)
2010-2015 Melodie Stiftung
Saydam (PI), ~ 900,000 USD
2010-2015 Forschungsgesellschaft for Brain Tumors
Saydam (PI), ~ 250,000 USD
2013-2016 CHILDREN'S CANCER RESEARCH INSTITUTE, CCRI-0017
Saydam (PI), ~ 350,000 USD
2015-2017 LKW Bauers, Saydam (PI) 60,000 USD
2015-2017 Scientific-Technical Agreement with Ukraine-Austria
Saydam (PI), 25,000 USD
1. Extracellular Vesicle/Serum-Based Tumor Biomarker Screening Studies For Glioblastomas (Saydam PI).
KLIF, FWF: ~ 500,000 USD
2. Long noncoding RNAs in medulloblastoma tumorigenesis. (Saydam PI).
ONB, ~ 250,000 USD