Super-hard materials films are useful in several sectors of the Industry: machine tools, engine parts, gas turbine blades, etc. They are needed wherever rapidly moving parts come into contact with hot, corrosive environment or when high friction is created. The most efficient way to make super-hard materials is by plasma activated techniques using, PVD and mixtures of PACVD+PAPVD. It turns out that composite materials, which include anion-structured phase, exhibit many desirable properties: hardness and wear resistance at high temperatures. However, this very new technology exhibits some problems, which DESHNAF is proposed to help solve. Two families of super-hard materials are considered: one containing two hard phases (for example: cetin and a-Sin): nc-MeN/a-Si3N4, a-Tipsy; and one containing a hard phase and a soft phase, nc-MeN/Metal (Cu, Fe, Ni, etc.). The corresponding metal-carbides and metal-oxides are considered as well. The objective of this Coordination Action is to bring together researchers in order to discuss and clarify issues on the following topics:
1. Comparison of various plasma deposition techniques,
2.The influence of plasma and substrate variables on the resulting film,
3. Measurement of Super-hardness,
4. Thermal Stability and Oxidation Resistance,
6. Technology transferDESNAF work-plan includes 8 work-packages. They include workshops on four of the themes of the project and one international symposium, the purpose of which will be the dissemination of results and technology transfer. International scientists will be invited to the workshops and to the conference. Other activities are the exchange of students and scientists, and two studies unspecific subjects. The deliverables will include reports on the workshops, studies and exchange activities, relating tithe problems posed by the project and their solutions.
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Aufforderung zur Vorschlagseinreichung
Andere Projekte für diesen Aufruf anzeigen
FinanzierungsplanCA - Coordination action