The FEROP project goals are the development and integration of innovative technologies to build a home automation system allowing to remotely control the EnOcean ecosystem. Its functions, in the home environment, consist in controlling heating and air conditioning, giving orders to set comfort point (such as temperature, air quality, presence, etc.), adjusting lighting, shutters and blinds, or/and monitoring all the top-mentioned parameters via a display device. The objective of FEROP is to reach energy efficiency targets by taking into account the behavior of end users. In the house environment as occupants can contribute to the enhancement of the energy saving. They could directly and easily interact with the building using remote, repositionable at will, and battery free panels. This project will be supported by a consortium composed of four SME (2 French, one Italian and one Portuguese) and two RTD Performers (France and Italy).
The developed product will be a wireless battery-free touch panel display formed part of seven layers, each one presenting a single function (Photovoltaic, Capacitive touch screen, Bi stable low power flexible screen, Flexible PCB layer with EnOcean radio, Energy storage, Spacer and mechanical, Sticking).
The challenges emphasized on this project are related to the product energy consumption (lower than possible) as well as the MMI (simple and intuitive). Eventually, the transparent solar film has to switch from laboratory to production in 2013.
This innovative product, targets old buildings that have modernization needs by taking the advantage of tax incentives motivations, and also new buildings that allow the deployment of wireless technology and gateways, in order to manage and control the whole building energy consumption. The estimated market is about 160 000 units a year and could be larger according to Horizon 2020 requirements and the subcontracted production will be managed mutually to improve efficiency and scale factor.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/wireless
- /humanities/arts/modern and contemporary art/film
- /social sciences/sociology/industrial relations/automation
- /engineering and technology/civil engineering/architecture engineering/home automation
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/solar energy
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/taxation
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/energy efficiency
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeBSG-SME - Research for SMEs
4700 706 Braga
91190 Saint Aubin