VEGAS proposes to address the key challenge of European non-dependence and competitivness regarding rad-hard FPGA for space applications. VEGAS will evaluate (following ESCC rules) and validate the first rad-hard FPGA in 65nm to directly compete with the US offering and reach TRL 7.
The VEGAS project sets clear and measurable main objectives to reach a TRL 7 from TRL 5 (end of BRAVE project) as follows:
1. Validation by end users of rad-hard FPGA developped under the BRAVE project – TRL 6 achieved
2. Space evaluation of the first rad-hard FPGA developped under the BRAVE project – TRL 7 achieved
3. Software CAD tools improvement by including timing and SEE mitigation tools
VEGAS will complement the ongoing ESA funded BRAVE project. BRAVE covers all hardware and software development to reach a first prototype of NG-FPGA-MEDIUM (30k LUTs) and NG-FPGA-LARGE (130k LUTs) . VEGAS will cover all required steps to ESCC evaluate / validate the BRAVE NG-FPGA-MEDIUM and NG-FPGA-LARGE prototype and add additional software tools to reach a competitive software offering.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software/software development
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
28760 Tres Cantos
28760 Tres Cantos - Madrid