The overall objective of the CORDIAL project is to develop a new compact drilling and fastening unit for One Way Assembly. The effector has to be used by operator or lightweight industrial robots. Six sub-objectives contribute to achieve such a goal:
- To define how robots and operators can interact in an OWA cell.
- To evaluate a typical assembly layout and endeavour new OWA opportunities and risks assessment.
- To develop compact automated effector(s) for drilling, fastening and counteracting
- To establish a test plan according to requirements for commercial aircraft structures.
- To demonstrate the technology, realize specimens and test the proof of concept under real conditions.
- To disseminate the results widely to maximise the impacts of the CORDIAL project.
To complete the project, the capabilities of the partners include:
-SONACA Engineering, industrialization, qualifying and manufacturing means for small subassemblies such as slats of landing gear doors, including composite manufacturing.
-AEROSPLINE innovative engineering in robotics and drilling and fastening effectors. Including innovative fastener with sealant feeding, which permits to simplify and lighten any effector.
-XLIM Advanced sensor vision technologies using small size vision sensors and capable of multiple information computation: coordinate positioning, centring, normality, hole and fastener quality.
The CORDIAL project is perfectly in line with the Clean Sky 2 objectives since it will contribute to develop eco-friendly processes (reduction of the impacts on health, creation of sustainable capabilities), to demonstrate new technologies (human/robot close collaboration in the aeronautics, new structures design), improve the European competitiveness (lighten the assembly process, cost reduction and shorten time-to-market) and create market opportunities (technology transfers, innovation stimulation and attraction of elite in Europe) and new skilled jobs like cobotics engineering.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call