URBiNAT focuses on the regeneration and integration of deprived social housing urban developments through an innovative and inclusive catalogue of Nature-Based Solutions (NBS), ensuring sustainability and mobilising driving forces for social cohesion. Interventions focus on the public space to co-create with citizens new urban, social and nature-based relations within and between different neighbourhoods. Taking the full physical, mental and social well-being of citizens as its main goal, URBiNAT aims to co-plan a healthy corridor as an innovative and flexible NBS, which itself integrates a large number of micro NBS emerging from community-driven design processes.
URBiNAT consists of a worldwide consortium of academic and business partners around 7 European cities (Porto, Nantes and Sofia as ‘frontrunners’; Siena, Nova Gorica, Brussels and Høje-Taastrup as followers), that will act as living laboratories to implement healthy corridor solutions. The cities will be supported by local partners, associations and research centres, and by Europe-wide centres, universities and companies. These will develop a participatory process, an NBS catalogue and a healthy corridor, while monitoring impacts, disseminating and marketing results. Together, they form an inclusive community of practice (CoP), collaborating with partners from Iran and China, and NBS observers located in Brazil, Oman, Japan and a Chinese city, bringing experiences and an international dimension to the project.
Partners will contribute their innovative NBS experience deployed through an array of transdisciplinary knowledge, methodologies and tools, as nature-based solutions. This will be supplmented by ‘smart’ digital tools, citizen engagement, solidarity and social economy initiatives, social innovation for value-generation, incubation for business development and capacity building, and ICT governance platforms. The social, economic and urban impacts will be measured and replicated by URBiNAT Observatory.
- H2020-EU.126.96.36.199. - Further our understanding of biodiversity and the functioning of ecosystems, their interactions with social systems and their role in sustaining the economy and human well-being
- H2020-EU.188.8.131.52. - Provide knowledge and tools for effective decision making and public engagement
- H2020-EU.184.108.40.206. - Assess impacts, vulnerabilities and develop innovative cost-effective adaptation and risk prevention and management measures
- H2020-EU.220.127.116.11. - Support mitigation policies, including studies that focus on impact from other sectoral policies
- H2020-EU.18.104.22.168. - Developing integrated approaches to address water-related challenges and the transition to sustainable management and use of water resources and services
Invito a presentare proposte
Vedi altri progetti per questo bando
Meccanismo di finanziamentoIA - Innovation action
4051 401 Porto
4049 001 Porto
4250 309 Porto
5000 Nova Gorica
2300 Kobenhavn S
2825 182 Caparica
04640 Pulpi Almeria