Healthy soils are of major importance for the future of the European horticultural and agricultural crop production. Especially in intensive production systems, soilborne diseases are a major factor with a negative impact on soil health. Newly developed best practices and sound crop rotations permit to maintain, improve or re-establish soil health in Europe.
The BEST4SOIL project will build a community of practice network across Europe by inter-connecting growers, advisers, educators and researchers. Through this network, knowledge ready for practice on 4 best practices for the control of soilborne diseases (compost/organic amendments; green manures/cover crops; anaerobic soil disinfestation (ASD); and (bio)solarisation) will be promoted. Open-access databases with information on the range of pathogens affecting host plants will help the practitioners to build appropriate crop rotations and innovative control strategies.
As innovative tool will BEST4SOIL provide tutorial videos (youtube), easily understandable also to growers with limited language skills. Videos, databases and factsheets are edited in 22 official EU languages to facilitate the innovation management of practitioners throughout Europe. The information will be freely accessible and highly comprehensible to guarantee a smooth knowledge transfer from research to practice. BEST4SOIL will deploy local facilitators to set up a network with active communities of practice resulting in an intensive knowledge exchange.
The consortium of BEST4SOIL includes advisers, breeder, communicators, educators, growers, and researchers from eight European countries. Together with facilitators in at least twelve more countries, the network will interconnect an important part of the European growers, advisers and educators, the main stakeholders of BEST4SOIL.
- /ciencias naturales/informática y ciencias de la información/base de datos
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/innovation management
- /humanidades/lenguas y literatura/idiomas - general
- H2020-EU.188.8.131.52. - Increasing production efficiency and coping with climate change, while ensuring sustainability and resilience
- H2020-EU.184.108.40.206. - Empowerment of rural areas, support to policies and rural innovation
- H2020-EU.220.127.116.11. - A sustainable and competitive agri-food industry
- H2020-EU.18.104.22.168. - Fostering the bio-economy for bio-based industries
- H2020-EU.22.214.171.124. - Sustainable forestry
- H2020-EU.126.96.36.199. - Providing ecosystems services and public goods
Convocatoria de propuestas
Consulte otros proyectos de esta convocatoria
Régimen de financiaciónCSA - Coordination and support action