Periodic Reporting for period 1 - DART Diagnostics (Saving Time, Money and Lives Through Rapid Plug & Play Salmonella Diagnostics)
Berichtszeitraum: 2018-09-01 bis 2019-02-28
DART is a fast detection kit of the Salmonella bacteria for food safety applications, based on a unique amplification reagent originally developed by us and enabled by the latest nano-medical advances. The DART Diagnostics project has as objective to improve immunoassays sensitivity, and allow for faster and more accurate diagnostics. Early detection of Salmonella allows the technology to be employed in the food industry, which has lower entrance barriers (than the clinical diagnostics), namely in terms of the certifications and validations needed, implying lower regulatory costs.
• We executed a comprehensive food safety market assessment of hypothesis and assumptions combined with an analysis of environmental forces, market trends, competition and risks, opportunities and comprising our resources and constraints.
• We have identified our end-users and potential clients in the key markets we are currently targeting, which are essential to analyse the current trends in the food safety market.
• We performed a comparative in-depth analysis of the best countries to target and what would be the best commercialisation strategy as well as drafting a concise plan on overcoming any market entry obstacles we might face.
• We secured our Freedom to Operate in our key markets through extensive patent research.
• We have drafted a realistic and attainable work plan for the further development of our kits and technology to ensure that all the objectives are met, focusing our attention on specific technical and commercial obstacles that could present limitations to our market introduction.