Your heart needs a good night’s sleep
Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) increases risks for cardiovascular disease – coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure and stroke. The underlying reasons behind this complex association between sleep disordered breathing and cardiovascular disease are not entirely defined. Experimental observation and data analysis are crucial to identify the mechanisms at work. The EU-funded DEEPDREAM project is combining advanced computational modelling, signal processing and interpretation techniques to assess the activation of the neural mechanisms related to intermittent hypoxia. The results will bring us one step closer to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
Fields of science
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinepsychiatrysleep disorders
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencespublic health
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencesinfectious diseasesRNA virusescoronaviruses
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputational science
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecardiologycardiovascular diseases