Periodic Reporting for period 1 - BiomStrip (Over-The-Counter Test Strip for Early-Stage Cancer Screening)
Periodo di rendicontazione: 2019-07-01 al 2019-12-31
BiomStrip introduces a pioneering screening solution that can carry out cancer screening in the fashion of the common pregnancy tests. Building on our recent breakthrough results in biomarker validation granting TRL6 stage, we have designed a diagnostic device that is low-cost, non-invasive, accurate, can be handled by consumer, and bought over-the counter. The diagnostic method is based on detecting dysbiosis of gut microbial flora, a highly sensitive indicator of pathophysiological processes able to selectively show disease onset at super-early stage, even before histological changes are observable. The method is ultimately able to detect most cancer types and even other diseases, making it a future platform technology.
For highest scalability, fastest time-to-market, explosive growth, low resource-intensity, and minimised risk and overheads, we will license production and commercialisation to established multinational companies, keeping our focus as high-tech SME. Breast cancer will be our market entry point and other diseases will be covered subsequently form own resources.
The disruptive approach offers to transform cancer screening from top-down to bottom-up: empowering patients, gradually alleviating healthcare systems large effort and sums spent on preventive cancer diagnostics, and drastically improving therapeutical effectiveness.
• We have identified and selected our market entry use cases
• We carried out an in-depth market assessment
• We have defined our market entry product
• We validated our business model
• We have built partnerships with companies to support our commercialisation
• We have specified the objectives and the related work plan for the product development
• We have identified the risks associated with our development plan and derived the suitable mitigation plans
• We have reviewe3d and updated our IPR strategy
• We defined our market entry business plan.