The objective of the project consists in continuing individual research in the field of translatology (including ideological, cultural and linguistic aspects) as well as in enhancing didactic, linguistic and methodological competence.
The project is to be implemented in two academic units: University of Veracruz in Xalapa (Mexico) and Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (Poland).
Objectives, actions and results:
1. Development of intercultural translation research and propagation of relevant authored theses:
• preparation of the didactic theme of “Intercultural translation” course
• analysis of a corpus that is difficult to access in Poland;
• Mexican editorial market research and research corpus expansion;
• research on reception of translation among UV students;
• organisation of discussion panels for Phd Studies in Linguistics at UV – Phd research themes;
• individual publications;
• participation in thematic congresses.
2. Development and improvement of my own competence as a lecturer and a specialist teaching Audiovisual Translation, Translation Cultural Conditioning, Translation&Communication and the 20th Century Translation Theory classes as a part of Phd studies in Linguistics at UV:
• expansion of the corpus with audio/video publications and books available in Mexico;
• participation in academic consultations for Phd students;
3. Enhancing the knowledge of Latin American Literature research methodology.
4. Intensive Nahuatl language course.
5. Development of bilateral UAM-UV cooperation:
• series of thematic lectures at UAM;
• translation and literature projects for UAM students.
6. Web design and web administration course, website preparation.
7. Promotion of international and interacademic cooperation, propagation of translatology and polyglossia among specialists and a wide range of recipients:
• “Identity in intercultural translation” international conference;
• promotion lectures;
• cooperation with the mass-media.
Field of science
- /social sciences/educational sciences/didactics
- /humanities/languages and literature/linguistics
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call