The Inter-Continental Exchange of Leadership in Conflict Transformation (ICELCT) project aims to enhance inter-continental understanding and knowledge of what role leadership plays in conflict transformation, a comprehensive term covering conflict resolution and peacebuilding. The programme objectives are:
1. To comparatively and critically analyse different strategies and experiences on the role of leadership in conflict transformation from a regional and inter-continental perspective.
2. To examine the role of regional actors and hegemons in contributing to security and stability and conflict prevention and transformation.
3. To share lessons learned and good practice on conflict transformation research between three key countries in different continents.
4. To develop networks of expertise on conflict transformation from an inter-cultrual perspective through workshops, conferences and other networking activities.
5.To provide opportunities for research on cutting-edge issues in conflict transformation for early stage researchers.
6. To analyse potential developments and needs for future conflict resolution efforts and non-traditional transformational approaches to conflict.
This will be done through collaboration of joint research and capacity building activities by the three participating Universities of Coventry, UK (COVUNI), Kadir Has (KHU) in Turkey and Stellenbosch in South Africa (SUSA). The ICELCT scheme will provide a staff exchange programme to study contemporary knowledge and innovations on the role of leadership in conflict transformation research and develop the state of the art thinking on these topics. The researchers from KHU and COVUNI will be able to undertake their field work in South Africa with the support and supervision of staff from the SUSA. Meanwhile, researchers from SUSA will be able to use information resources in Istanbul and Coventry, as well as undertaking empirical research in both contexts.
Invito a presentare proposte
Vedi altri progetti per questo bando
Meccanismo di finanziamentoMC-IRSES - International research staff exchange scheme (IRSES)