"Project IMAGINE aims at developing operational constraints and cost models representative of airline operations.
As part of the MTM activity of CleanSky’s SGO ITD, these models will be integrated in the GATAC Optimization framework to add the operational and economics dimension to the multi-criteria optimization of flight trajectories.
IMAGINE will develop models for:
- Operational constraints (aircraft and operations limitations, minimum turn-around time, etc.)
- “Basic operations costs” (Aicraft ownership, maintenance, landing and navigation, overhead, etc.)
- Environmental costs (ETS, airport emission charges, noise charges…)
- Crew costs
- Fleet and schedule related costs, including revenue opportunities and losses
The originality of IMAGINE relies in:
- The ability to address all the costs with different models: simulation based, statistics based and OR based
- The ability to handle fleet-wide problems in a single optimization run and take into account interactions between the flights (for example for crew pairings and schedule impacts)
- The ability to propose near-exact models (with high accuracy but requiring many airline parameters) or approached models based on the innovative surface response methodology, which is well adapted to a generic optimization framework such as GATAC
- The validation of the models against real airline data exploiting different types of aircraft: regional turboprops, single-aisles and widebodies.
- The ability of the consortium to deliver industry-level object oriented code for the implementation of the model.
The consortium involves 2 SMEs with extensive experience in aviation, environment and the development of costs models and optimization engines used daily within different models of airlines.
Finally, the participants have experience in handling such projects, the coordinator having taken a key role in the Clean Sky projects CARING and BASE on flight trajectory optimization and economic modeling of environmental constraints"
Invito a presentare proposte
Vedi altri progetti per questo bando
Meccanismo di finanziamentoJTI-CS - Joint Technology Initiatives - Clean Sky
Mostra sulla mappa