Final Report Summary - VIF CA (Virtual Intelligent Forging - CA)
- Identify current industrial and societal needs, analyse and use the existing knowledge to solve these problems.
- Define, validate and use reference benchmarks for virtual process simulations and materials testing.
- Create an e-Forging environment.
- Determine the needs for material data and define a blueprint for an e-Database.
- Design a structure for the virtual integration of process simulations from raw materials to product design.
- Promote transversal educational programmes and a roadmap for an e-learning forging platform.
- Organise workshops for gathering the current necessary knowledge and disseminate the results of the project.
- Promote programmes for mobility of researchers, students and industrial staff.
The Deliverables included:
- A list of industrial and societal needs in the field of forming and related forming activities, which could be used to construct new research projects, and to identify and meet industrial and societal goals.
- Projects for an e-Database and an e-learning platform, which provide blue prints in these fields.
- Cold and hot forming benchmarks for process simulations and materials testing, which could be used as reference cases.
- An e-Book of forging, a reference document for educational or communication purposes.
- A structure for a virtual supply chain and a validated test case.
- Pedagogical analyses for forging activities.
- Curricula experimented through two ViF-University one-week sessions.
- A large number of seminars, workshops and conferences proceedings.
- Available exchange programs for students and academics.