S4C is high-tech spin-off of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) focused on improving the quality of life of people with chronic diseases. After seven years of R&D efforts, and a European project we achieved to develop and validate our PARK-IT technology for continuous monitoring of Parkinson motor symptoms in ambulatory conditions in a real environment (based on a unique complex algorithms able to detect ON/OFF fluctuation). Recently, thanks to a funded Phase 1, we performed the feasibility study where we successfully proof its effectiveness, and also we validated the soundness of the technological result.
PARK-IT is a small device that, worn on the patient’s waist, is able to monitor activity of patients in ambulatory conditions, and provides quantitative insights to inform patients and their health professional about their PD status and evolution. PARK-IT that reduces by 30% the costs related to PD, and improves the effectiveness of the medication and the quality of life of PD.
This Phase 2 project aims to perform the necessary activities for launching PARK-IT 2.0 into the market in 24 months: redesign the sensor and the app according to stakeholder’s feedback, prepare its industrialization readiness, obtain the certification as a medical device (Class IIa), conduct a pilot demonstration and, finally, prepare its commercialization. This will allow to introduce in a market of €18,Bn and 6.3M patients worldwide.
PARK-IT 2.0 is assessed in the promising results of our technology, and in a realistic business plan (based on selling devices at a retail price of € 590), which proves that we would be able to generate return on investment on €5.47 per invested euro, revenues of € 35.3M sells of 60k units, and 12 staff members fully dedicated to this project 5 years after its market launch.
- medycyna i nauki o zdrowiumedycyna klinicznaneurologiachoroba Parkinsona
- inżynieria i technologiainżynieria elektryczna, inżynieria elektroniczna, inżynieria informatycznainżynieria elektronicznaprzetwarzanie sygnałów
- inżynieria i technologiainżynieria elektryczna, inżynieria elektroniczna, inżynieria informatycznainżynieria elektronicznaczujniki
- nauki przyrodniczeinformatykainternetinternet rzeczy
- nauki społeczneekonomia i biznesbiznes i zarządzaniehandel
- H2020-EU.3.1.4. - Active ageing and self-management of health
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
- H2020-EU.3.1.6. - Health care provision and integrated care
Zaproszenie do składania wniosków
Zobacz inne projekty w ramach tego zaproszenia