Periodic Reporting for period 1 - ELEKTRORAIN (Efficient and connected rain-gun sprinkler irrigator)
Okres sprawozdawczy: 2019-12-01 do 2020-03-31
We introduce ELEKTRORAIN: a unique travelling rain-gun irrigation system avoiding a water loss of the 25%, and a reduction of the time needed of the 30%. ELEKTRORAIN is provided with a programmable and attached control mechanism able to provide a more uniform irrigation changing the speed and angle overcoming water loss in borders/corners and avoiding obstacles and different field shapes/sizes without manually adjusting the gun.
• We have deployed a comprehensive work plan detailing not only the activities but the resources needed to implement it as well as the outsourced activities that we will need to subcontract.
• We have deepen into the end-user´s profile, that will trigger the demand for incorporating our ELETRORAIN raingun into the current Microirrgation Systems (regions, water needs, type of crops and farm sizes suitable for eletrorain).
• We have updated and scouted potential new key stakeholders of our value chain (suppliers, distributors and final customers).
• We have drafted a comprehensive dissmeinaiton plan to raise awareness of our novelty (trade shows attendance, communication activities etc).
• We have drafted realistic projected finance figures, and cost structure of ELEKTRORAIN production once the process has been fully standardised, and secured this way the feasibility of a profitable activity.
• We have identified market trends, and barriers that could rise for which we have drafted contingency measures to be triggered if needed to avoid or minimise the negative influence that could have.
• Unprecedented automation decision level: The implementation of all the features into a single marketable solution enables the system with unparalleled capability to self-configure for optimal water usage based on field geometry, weather forecast and conditions, and hydric stress input data).
• Ad-hoc for Micro Irrigation Systems (MIS): A dedicated solution developed ad-hoc for medium-to-small farm holdings while the majority of innovative driven irrigation designs are intended to be used for large crop field surfaces.
• Rain Gun as the brain of the MIS: The uniqueness of redesigning MIS in such a way that the Rain Gun becomes the controller/ decision maker of the whole irrigation system determining the actions that valves, pumps and hose are to be executed.