Materials and structures are called adaptive if they can change certain properties in a predictable manner due to the forces acting on them (passive) or by means of built in actuators (active). Those materials and structures are referred to as smart if they provide best performance when operation circumstances change. The project ADAM4EVE focuses on the development and assessment of applications of such materials and structures in the shipbuilding industry.
The types of materials and structures are
- adaptable ship hull structures for optimised hydrodynamic properties depending on varying cruise speed,
- adaptive materials for noise and vibration damping of ship engines to avoid induction of vibrations into the ship hull and
- adaptive outfitting materials that improve ships' serviceability and safety.
Technical developments in the project are structured in three groups:
- Materials and structures development: Based on available research results and known applications from other industries, adaptive and smart materials and structures will be adopted and further developed in order to make them applicable in the maritime industry.
- Solution development: Driven by different shipyards, several application case studies will be performed, in order to achieve customised solutions for particular vessel types and their individual requirements; classification societies will assure that the solutions comply with existing rules and regulations.
- Enabling and assessment of technologies: This group of activities provides support to the other ones on the field of testing, assessment of safety as well as economical and ecological impact, and advice for production, operation and dismantling. Due to the novelty of the solutions to be pursued, further development of the required validation methods and tools is intended, as well as suggestions for standardisation.
Zaproszenie do składania wniosków
Zobacz inne projekty w ramach tego zaproszenia
System finansowaniaCP-FP - Small or medium-scale focused research project